Please observe our emergency policies, in place until the expected date of 1st September 2020:
Due to measures to control the spread of Coronavirus in the UK, we have decided to put in place a few emergency policies for the duration of the crisis. Please note that as restrictions reduce, we will return to our normal policies. The unchanged policies will remain in force as usual. Please also look out for updates regarding closure/limited services on our website www.tenacrecc.com, WhatsApp and Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TenAcreCanineCottages/ as this will be the policy during the strictest periods of lockdown. Full Ts & Cs can also be found on the website.
ALL DOGS (BOARDING & DAY CARE)
- From now on, you will need to inform us when you arrive to drop off or collect your pet via text message or short phone call to reduce the need to knock on doors/touch door handles etc
- When we meet your dog, we will replace their own lead with one of ours
- Your dog will also be wiped down with a disposable cloth when he arrives and departs
- We haven’t got enough equipment to replace all collars and harnesses, so we ask that these are cleaned and disinfected by yourselves before and after each visit
- Our normal cleaning and hygiene policies will remain, although we will be increasing the frequency and intensity of disinfecting procedures
- As per government request, we ask that you self-isolate and do not bring your dog to the setting for 14 days if you or a member of your household develop a new, persistent cough, fever, loss of smell/taste or any other symptom related to Covid-19. If you are able to obtain testing and all members of your household are negative, your dog may return immediately. Please ensure that we are informed if you are isolating so we can take our own measures if necessary. As it is possible that dogs could carry the virus on their fur, paws or items such as collars, leads or harnesses, it is important that they do not attend regardless of who drops off/collects
- If you are unfortunate enough to test positive for Covid-19, please follow medical advice on when you are able to come out of quarantine. This will usually be 14 days after you have tested negative AND you no longer have symptoms. As previously mentioned, if you are isolating, so must your dog
- If you become unwell during your dog’s visit, even if your symptoms are mild, please ensure that your (healthy) emergency contact is able to collect and do not return your dog to the setting until you have completed the self-isolation period
- No new visits, and therefore no new customers will be accepted during the crisis
- If we need to cancel due to self-isolation/Covid-19, then you will receive a full refund
- Our local authority has confirmed that unfortunately we are unable to accept dogs who do not have up to date vaccinations due to the Covid-19 situation. This is despite that some vets have said that the boosters are valid for a further 3 months. We therefore regret that we are not able to diverge from our usual vaccination policy.
- We will continue with our usual policy of a 25% non-refundable deposit to secure your booking. As we are unable to return your deposit if you cancel, it may be advisable to delay your booking until the situation improves, although it is still a possibility that you will lose your place
- As per normal, your final balance will be due 4 weeks’ before arrival. However, due to the unique circumstances, if you have already paid the balance before the 4 weeks’ notice period, you will be refunded in full if you are able to provide proof that your airline/holiday company has cancelled your trip.
- If you cancel with fewer than 4 weeks’ notice, we will temporarily allow a refund of 50%, if you are able to provide evidence of cancellation. We will retain your deposit
DAY CARE ONLY
- If you are required to self-isolate, your workplace closes and you no longer require care, or you contract Covid-19, we will temporarily refund 50% of fees on your next invoice or only charge 50% on a new invoice for as long as you require us to hold your place and until your dog returns
- As usual, if you are somehow able to give 4 weeks’ notice, you will not be charged
- The more than 6 weeks’ absence retainer policy will be temporarily suspended until the crisis is over
Thank you for your co-operation during this difficult time and we hope that everyone is able to stay fit and well. We will review these policies again as we continue to monitor the situation.
Ten Acre Canine Cottages